Laboratory Director- Cell Therapy
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus*
*Permanent and full-time position*
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Laboratory management direction, leadership, and oversight of all operational, technical, and scientific aspects of the Cell Therapy Program.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement strategic goals and objectives that support the mission and values.
- Serve as the primary cell therapy technical subject matter expert for the manufacturing, processing, testing, storage, and distribution of cell therapy products and services.
- Serve as primary laboratory for any internal and external reviews, audits, and submissions.
- Direct lab management with development and review of budget(s), preparing monthly reconciliations and forecasts as requested, and financial models for long-term planning.
- Collaborate with Business Development staff in efforts to expand service to existing customers and gain new customers.
- Collaborate as member of the Cell Therapy Program leadership team to develop annual goals and objectives that are aligned with the overall organization and support the mission and values.
- Consistently model values; contribute and build upon current practices and procedures in support of values, mission, and goals.
- Function effectively within the team; participate and contribute constructively to produce results in a collaborative manner.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with all internal and external customers to contribute to the success of the department and the organization as a whole.
- Ensure department’s actions are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and organizational policies and practices.
- Challenge and offer support to peers to ensure all are contributing to the success of the organization.
- Recognize potentially hazardous materials, equipment, and situations and follow safety procedures to minimize risk to self and nearby individuals.
- Responsibly support the department budget.
- Proactively recommend systems, resources, and procedures to achieve department’s success.
- Represent Cell Processing Laboratory in other quality, administration, and process improvement meetings, as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Doctoral Degree (M.D., D.O., or PhD), or equivalent degree in a relevant biological science.
- Must qualify as a Laboratory Director or Technical Consultant for Moderate Complexity Testing under CLIA personnel requirements found in 493.1405 Standard; Laboratory director qualifications, sections 2 & 3.
- Must meet FACT Cell Therapy Standards as Facility Director and AABB Standards for Cellular Therapy Services
- Certification or eligibility in Transfusion Medicine is desirable.
- Two or more years of training and/or relevant experience in a regulated Cell Processing Facility environment is required.
- Three or more years of progressive supervisory experience.
If you would like more information, please APPLY or contact Megan at Megan@ka-recruiting.com! You can also call/text at 617-746-2768!
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!