Laboratory Scientific Director Opening - Chesapeake, Virginia
New Laboratory Scientific Director Opening in Virginia
- Permanent full time position.
- Serve as System Expert for Clinical Chemistry across 12 hospitals and 5 freestanding EDs
- Manage 1 direct report (Clinical Support Coordinator) and 70 dotted line/indirect reports
- System oversight- QA, QC, Clinical validation, Training, ensuring compliance of all labs and more as related to patient testing/results
- Establish and advances the clinical diagnostic laboratory by providing oversight and management of validation, quality, regulatory, preliminary interpretation, and reporting activities in support of clinical specimen testing and research/ development projects.
- Lead the esoteric Laboratories by providing expertise on techniques and applications for community physicians and employees while ensuring activities are performed to CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Provides scientific guidance of subtle variations in clinical presentation of disease states including oncology, infectious diseases, and other clinical areas supported by advanced laboratory validated testing. Provides the technical proficiency to perform assay design, validation, and quality control of esoteric tests relevant to the needs of the medical community. Maintains a positive working relationship with regulatory authorities. Provides leadership for employees within departments of responsibility. Evaluates staff performance and when required, completes disciplinary action. Ensures appropriate coverage for department by organizing team member schedules.
- PHD in Sciences or Doctor of Medicine required.
- 3 years of Laboratory or Research experience.
- Position is eligible for relocation and sign on bonus!
If you would like to discuss this opening or anything else, please call me at 617-746-2743. Also, you can send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the best time and phone number for me to reach you!
You can also schedule an appointment with my calendar: https://calendly.com/olivia-ka/15min
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Olivia is a dedicated and passionate Senior Healthcare Recruiter for KA Recruiting who is available 24/7 to help any candidates find their next position. She is from the greater Boston, MA area and graduated from The College of the Holy Cross in 2019. Olivia has been with KA Recruiting since 2019 and would love to connect with any job seekers looking for their next healthcare role. She covers any space in healthcare so she will definitely have something for you. She is also a former Collegiate D1 softball player and enjoys anything sports related, cooking, and trying new restaurants with friends!
“I have worked with my share of recruiters over the years and without a doubt, Olivia Sloane and K.A. Recruiting have been the most professional ones that I have had the pleasure to work with. As a career changer, it was no easy task, but Olivia found a job for me that was a very good fit. I whole-heartedly recommend their services.” - Gian S.
"Olivia Sloane, from K.A recruiting, has been very helpful in my career journey. She had helped through my interviews and made sure that I would pass and get that job. I have been working as a Medical Laboratory Technologist at Sunrise Medical Laboratories for over a year now. And I know that without her help, I'm not gonna be in my position right now. Very thanks to her. - Angelica"
"In the middle of the pandemic, I had to move quickly to a different state and find a new job. I had the pleasure to speak with Olivia, a KA recruiter, who immediately set up all the connections for me, she rapidly provided me with a list of jobs available in the area and helped me find what best fitted for me based on our conversations and my background. Because of her efficiency, I was able to find a job immediately and I am very satisfied with my job’s position, location, and coworkers. Thank you Olivia and KA recruiting."
Senior Healthcare Recruiter, K.A. Recruiting, Inc.
Main Line: 617-746-2743