MDS Coordinator Massachusetts
Newton, MA 02456
Full Time MDS Coordinator Needed outside of Boston!
*Full time and permanent position*
MDS Coordinator (RN) Registered Nurse
The MDS nurse is typically a registered nurse (RN) who conducts federally mandated assessments of the patients at a long-term health care facility. MDS nurses are responsible for collecting integral data and compiling it into a thorough report for further research at their facility.
- Complies with all computer policies, system user protocols, uses Outlook for scheduling, and stores
- Maintains a schedule of MDS assessment dates.
- Monitors compliance of the Interdisciplinary Team in meeting time deadlines to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Participates in the analysis of the quality indicator data along with the CQI Coordinator, DNS,
- Nursing Supervisors, and other team members to identify actual or potential quality issues.
- Assumes the “Supervisor in Charge” position as required and participates in the on call rotation on weekends.
- Conduct trainings for appropriate team members related to programs attended, sharing knowledge gained.
- Serve on various committees of the skilled nursing facility (i.e., CQI, Care Planning, etc.)
- Reports on topics and follow up as directed by committee.
- Identifies possible CQI initiatives via statistical data gathered and monthly QI indicator reports when available.
- Makes recommendations regarding QI activities to effect changes in operations and assure compliance with regulatory requirements when available.
- Participate in coordinating the interdisciplinary team assessment of each resident quarterly and as needed.
- Documents pertinent findings in the CAA notes and ensure that other IDC team members document their pertinent findings in assigned CAA notes.
- Prepares a concise quarterly, or as needed, note for each resident and/or responsible party that details the resident’s overall status over the last three months.
- Performs informal chart audits with each MDS assessment.
- Promotes participation by the resident whenever feasible in the development of the ICP.
- Coordinates the completion of facility specific assessment forms.
- Performs AIMS testing semi-annually as needed.
- Reviews consultant notes during the assessment period for areas of concern and addresses them with the licensed team member for interventions and informs the DNS of concerns.
- Looks up and reports to the team all proper ICD-10 codes to utilize on all admissions PRIOR to admission.
- Performs triple check with Billing and Rehab.
- Initiates and ensures completion of all Medicare Certifications by MD/NP
- Assigns quarterly assessments and ensures they are completed by the household nurses deal tactfully with team members, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/staff, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret department programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must attend and participate in continuing educational programs.
- Must have valid state of residence driver’s license.
- May be required to use personal vehicle.
- Must have, as a minimum, 3 year(s) of experience in long-term care setting, or other related health care facility.
- Must have working knowledge of MDS/RAI process and OBRA guidelines.
- Must maintain first aid /CPR certification.
- Must be proficient with ICD-10 Coding
- Must be knowledgeable in Triple Check Practices and PDPM
- Must be proficient in creating resident specific care plans.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter