Medical Lab Scientist/Technologist OR Medical Lab Technician (Various Departments)
Newport, NH US
Departments that have openings:
- Core Lab
- Blood Bank
- Flow Cytometry
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform a variety of laboratory tests in a timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate.
- Ability to appropriately troubleshoot and resolve problems. Ensures that patient results are not reported until systems are functioning properly. Clearly communicates resolutions or next steps.
- Possesses solid knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties in the clinical laboratory.
- Performs and evaluates quality control and instrument functioning checks using established quality control practices to assess the functioning of the test system(s). Identifies when a QC problem exists and is able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratory procedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintaining supplies. Identifies when sample, instrument, and/or procedural problems exist and takes appropriate actions to remedy the issue.
- Is able to appropriately troubleshoot problems and communicate resolutions or next steps.
- Orients and trains new laboratory staff. Trains bench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS or MLT/CLT students in bench procedures, basic theory, and advanced skills. Helps develop teaching and training tools.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- AS degree and minimum of 4 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or Bachelors of Science Degree and a minimum of 2 years of Clinical Laboratory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant technical experience required.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines and manage changing volumes.
- Basic knowledge of computer software systems.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Nationally recognized certification within 1 year of date of hire.
- ASCP preferred
- Current BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Competitive pay
- Sign on bonus and relocation assistance
- ALL different shifts available
- Top healthcare systems
- Great opportunity for growth
If interested, please apply! Or reach out to Megan directly at 617-746-2768 or Megan@KA-recruiting.com.
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!