Medical Technologist Tampa Florida
Tampa, FL 33601
REF: CO427 Medical Technologist Molecular Science Tampa, FL
Full time and permanent night shift position
Tue-Sat from 7pm -3:30 am shifts.
Purpose of role: The role of Medical Laboratory Scientist/Molecular Technologist I, II, Sr., is to perform DNA processing and high complexity molecular testing as well as review results from molecular testing of human (patient) specimens under CLIA/CAP and other regulatory guidelines. They perform patient testing utilizing the molecular workflows associated with the relevant clinical diagnostic assays.
Reporting to: Laboratory Manager/Supervisor Work Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Candidates must qualify as testing personnel per CLIA and CAP guidelines. At a minimum, they must:
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree in science, (e.g. biology, molecular biology, genetics, or chemistry) laboratory science, medical laboratory technology from an accredited university with the required blend of medical laboratory technology and science.
• Preferred: MLS, MT, or MB(ASCP) certification.
• Must have or be eligible for a FL Medical Technologist license.
• Formal technical requirements may also include:
- MD or DO with a current medical license; OR
- Doctoral degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science; OR
- Master's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical, or biological science; OR
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological; OR
• Work Environment/Safety
• Sense of Urgency
• Managing Performance
• Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience processing human samples in a high throughput clinical laboratory.
- Familiarity with molecular biology laboratory testing and analysis.
- A knowledge of Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and other laboratory regulatory requirements.
- Experience with LIS and LIMS laboratory tracking systems.
- Experience troubleshooting laboratory processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience processing samples using automation solutions and liquid handling robots.
- Experience in understanding, following, and creating standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience contributing in a high functioning team setting.
- Proficiency in office productivity software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Medical Laboratory Scientist/Molecular Technologist I – a minimum of 1-3 years in a clinical laboratory setting.
• Medical Laboratory Scientist/Molecular Technologist II – a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
• Lead/Sr. Medical Laboratory Scientist/Molecular Technologist – a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting as an MLS, MT, or MB (ASCP). Also meets qualifications of General Supervisor per CLIA.
• Process test specimens through DNA extraction, testing, QC and reporting. Perform test processes either manually or with automation as required.
• Performs the high-complexity molecular testing of human specimens with careful attention to detail while adhering to the quality systems protocols (SOPs) and safety requirements.
• Provides workflow-related technical guidance to group members and communicates workflow insights to the Product Development team.
• Monitors accuracy and performance of laboratory testing.
• Promotes a high-performance, production-minded, positive work environment.
• Participate in laboratory process improvement initiatives as required.
• Maintain and clean the laboratory and laboratory equipment as needed.
• Perform additional tasks as required.
To apply: Please submit your resume directly or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter