Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Boston
Boston, MA 02108
REF: CO439 Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Boston, MA
Full time and permanent NNP
To apply: please submit your application directly or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Care of the critically or intensively ill neonate in the neonatal ICU setting, including attendance at high risk deliveries with the NICU team, admission of the ill neonate to both the level III and level II setting, and ongoing care in the NICU/SCN setting.
- The NNP shall work with a multidisciplinary team to review history and daily patient data, round with a multidisciplinary team to make management plans, perform appropriate procedures (including but not limited to: endotracheal intubation, needle thoracentesis, thoracostomy, paracentesis, umbilical line placement, PICC line placement, peripheral arterial access, lumbar puncture, bladder catheterization).
- The NNP shall maintain appropriate licensure and maintenance of certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Masters degree in nursing required. Satisfactory completion of an approved formal education program which has as its objective the preparation of professional nurses to practice as nurse practitioner. Completion of a Master’s or post Masters’ degree in adult or family NP program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- Other: ANA or other appropriate nursing certification in area of practice and authorization by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing to practice in the expanded role. DEA for prescription writing
- Board certification as a Pediatric or Neonatal Nurse Practitioner required.
- NRP certified.
- At least 2 years experience in the care of ill and critically ill newborn both in the delivery room and the ICU setting.
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter