Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Boston, MA 02109
Full-time Neonatal Nurse Practitioner needed at a top facility in Boston!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a board certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner for your NICU! This NNP will be accountable for delivering comprehensive quality patient care, including diagnostic and therapeutic interventions according to standards of practice to premature, newborn, term or sick infants during the neonatal period. This person will function as a member of an inpatient physician team within an integrated academic model.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Care of the critically or intensively ill neonate in the neonatal ICU setting, including attendance at high risk deliveries with the NICU team, admission of the ill neonate to both the level III and level II setting, and ongoing care in the NICU/SCN setting.
- Will work with a multidisciplinary team to review history and daily patient data, round with a multidisciplinary team to make management plans, perform appropriate procedures (including but not limited to: endotracheal intubation, needle thoracentesis, thoracostomy, paracentesis, umbilical line placement, PICC line placement, peripheral arterial access, lumbar puncture, bladder catheterization).
- Treat and evaluate patients with neonatal illnesses, prematurity and congenital anomalies and promote the health of the child and family.
- Function in the daily management of the NICU with on-site physician collaboration for patients requiring Level I-III care.
- Respond to and appropriately manage life-threatening emergencies in the NICU.
- Analyze medical histories, diagnostic lab test and x-ray results and perform physical examinations.
- Perform and maintain competence in required procedures, including umbilical vessel catheterization, endotracheal intubation, thoracostomy tube placement, neonatal resuscitation, and lumbar puncture.
- Consult with attending physicians for patient referrals and monitor outcomes.
- Coordinate patient care with team members, other departments and community agencies and providers as necessary.
- Function to identify, plan, implement, and evaluate the stabilization and emergency care of acutely ill neonates in collaboration with the attending physician.
- Practice preventive health care through patient and family education and child health advocacy.
- Participate in teaching and learning in an integrated academic model.
- Precepting of APRN/PA Graduate students and mentoring of newly hired AP team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the age-related differences and needs of patients in appropriate, specific gestation populations and applies them to practice.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in all interactions with patients/families.
- Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the organization through behaviors that are consistent with the BWH Standards of Practice.
1. Education: Master’s Degree in Nursing required. Satisfactory completion of an approved formal education program which has as its objective the preparation of professional nurses to practice as nurse practitioner.
2. Other: ANA or other appropriate nursing certification in area of practice and authorization by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing to practice in the expanded role. DEA for prescription writing
3. Board certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner required.
4. NRP certified.
5. Preferred minimum of one year’s experience in a NICU environment.
6. New grads with previous NICU experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Client Relationship Manager, Senior Healthcare Recruiter