Pathologist's Assistant - Arizona
Wellton, AZ 85356 US
Need a new job? I'm here to help! I have a Pathologist's Assistant (Or grossing tech) position available west of Wellton, Arizona!
- Day shift (8 hour days)
- Opportunities for growth
- Full, comprehensive benefits package (PTO, health insurance, life insurance, 401k, etc)
- Bachelor's degree
- ASCP-PA certified
- Prior lab experience and knowledge
- Performs gross examination of surgical, biopsy, and cytology specimens to include dictation, complete dissection, selection and submission of tissue sections for microscopic examination, and assists with autopsies as needed; Produces legible and accurate work.
- Assures appropriate specimen accessioning and labeling, photographs pertinent specimens, and performs frozen sections procedures during intraoperative consultations; Selects appropriate ancillary testing and performs specialized procedures as requested.
- Assists in training of surgical pathology techniques and procedures to pathology technicians; Trains histotechnologists qualified to perform complex testing in the grossing of simple specimens. Creates, tracks and monitors training program.
- Collaborates with Information Technology, nursing services, ancillary departments, and physicians to determine pathology information system needs and objectives to include integration, build, implementation, upgrades, maintenance and connectivity with enterprise system.
- Plans and directs Pathology Information systems administration, training, and establishes standards in collaboration with Director of Laboratory Services and Medical Director participating in QA/QC audits.
- Maintains responsibility for slide scanning systems and integration of present and future remote pathology diagnostic systems; Monitors regulatory compliance for these systems and designs workflows and systems to maintain compliance and patient safety.
- Participates in continual quality improvements, Department of Pathology, Tumor Board which includes assisting with the scanning and selection of slides, and collaboratively partners with the system wide healthcare team including establishing annual measurable objectives.
Click apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org/ call or text 617-746-2751!
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!