Provides anatomic pathology services under the direction and supervision of a board-certified anatomical Pathologist. Prepares specimens by applying appropriate gross examination so the submitted samples are ready for processing. Train and supervise grossing technicians/trainees, document their training and provide some departmental oversight as deemed appropriate by leadership.
• Assures appropriate specimen accessioning.
• Receives specimens and closely monitors requisitions for diagnosis.
• Assesses specimens with the naked eye, with insight into any pathological processes that may be present.
• Assesses and assigns appropriate specimen coding.
• Dictates and or transcribe a gross description for each specimen according to prescribed training and lab manuals.
• Takes appropriate section for Histologic preparation.
• Complies with established safety and biohazard regulations.
• Follows all quality control/assurance and improvement regulations in accordance with established procedures.
• Help supervise Grossing technicians and assist them in grossing when needed.
• Train new grossing technician and perform competency tests and evaluation before independently processing occurs.
• Document all training.
• Provide training to existing employees for any change in procedure and techniques and documentation of training.
• Interacts effectively with the lab employees, pathologists and others.
• Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
• BS/MS in related field.
ASCP certified Pathologist Assistant Degree is plus.
NY State licensed or eligible.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to learn internal software programs.
If you would like more information, please APPLY or contact Megan at Megan@ka-recruiting.com! You can also call/text at 617-746-2768.
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!