Phlebotomist - Donor Care Assistant
Seeking full time ONLY Phlebotomist(s) to join a top healthcare facility in Cincinnati, Ohio!
(NO PRN or PT available, ONLY FT)
- Comply with standard operating policies and procedures, FDA regulations, AABB standards, and other regulatory agencies.
- Register, interview and screen prospective donors.
- Process blood donors; perform venipuncture, sample collection, therapeutic phlebotomies, autologous blood donations, automated collections, etc.
- Monitor and assess blood collection process; assist with immediate and/or emergency care in case of a donor adverse reaction.
- Process collections (i.e., verifying collections, packing units for transport, transporting collected units to the blood center).
- Assist and perform quality control functions, maintain and calibrate equipment.
- Assist in set up and dismantling of blood collections equipment and materials at all operations.
- Assist with cleanup of Mobile Operations and Neighborhood Donor Centers. Clean and maintain equipment. (e.g. Donor beds, working tables, blood tubing sealers, work stations, etc.)
- Drive blood center vehicle to and from Mobile Operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age; High school/GED diploma required with six months customer service experience. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Exposure to biohazardous products, chemicals and body fluids. May be exposed to unpleasant odors and adverse weather. May have to ambulate donor in cases of adverse reaction.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to demonstrate a full range of motion for bending, stooping and lifting.
If interested, APPLY NOW or reach out to Megan at 617-746-2768 (accepts texts) or by email Megan@Ka-recruiting.com.
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!