Phlebotomist: 36 Hours Per Week (AM/PM)
Des Plaines, IL 60018
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
This individual is responsible for collection of blood specimens, for performing laboratory office duties, and processing laboratory specimens. Laboratory office duties will include registering patients, accurately and completely entering all necessary data into the computer system, specimen accessioning, answering telephone calls, and processing paperwork. Specimen processing duties will include preparation of specimens for testing and/or for sending to the central laboratory or to a reference laboratory. In addition to handling blood, body fluid and urine specimens according to established procedures, they may also perform limited waived and specified non-waived POC tests as authorized by the Laboratory Director. In some facilities this individual, as required, will act as a driver and participate in the on-call rotation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous phlebotomy experience and/or training is required.
- Background in a medical laboratory and/or knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record. May be required to travel/drive to other locations.
- 36 hr./wk. - Primarily Days, Mon-Fri 8-4:30p, Rotating Saturdays 8-1pm
- 36 hr./wk. - Primarily Evenings; Mon & Friday 10:30a-7:30p, Tues-Thurs 11:30-8:30p, Rotating Saturdays 8-1pm
If interested, APPLY NOW or reach out to Megan at 617-746-2768 (accepts texts) or by email Megan@Ka-recruiting.com.
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!