Physician Assistant Boston Massachusetts
Boston, MA 02108
REF: CO438 Physician Assistant - Neonatology Boston, MA
Full time and permanent PA-C
To apply: please submit your application directly or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Duties Include:
- Care of the critically or intensively ill neonate in the neonatal ICU setting, including attendance at high risk deliveries with the NICU team, admission of the ill neonate to both the level III and level II setting, and ongoing care in the NICU/SCN setting.
- The Physician Assistant shall work with a multidisciplinary team to review history and daily patient data, round with a multidisciplinary team to make management plans, perform appropriate procedures (including but not limited to: endotracheal intubation, needle thoracentesis, thoracostomy, paracentesis, umbilical line placement, PICC line placement, peripheral arterial access, lumbar puncture, bladder catheterization).
While the PA can expect a relatively predictable work schedule planned in advance whenever possible, scheduling variations may occur in order to cover clinical needs as they become apparent to the department/division/clinic. The PA may be asked to take call, pick up additional shifts, work variable hours, and/or provide backup coverage as needed.
- This position may start as 40hr/week (4 10-hour shifts) for training pourposes and will change to 36/hr per week (3 12-hour shifts).
- May include overnight shifts.
- The appropriate candidate will have successfully completed a graduate level physician assistant program (Masters degree) accredited by the Accreditation and Review Committee for Physician Assistants (ARC-PA) or such other accrediting agency as may qualify a graduate to sit for the NCCPA certifying examination
- BS/MS joint programs and those candidates with a BS and PA certificate are eligible, but ONLY for those who graduated BEFORE 1995
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) must be obtained prior to first day of employment
- Must hold a current valid license or be eligible for licensure as a physician assistant in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Must have or eligible for, and maintain, a current DEA registration and Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration
- Must complete 100 hours of CME according to national and state regulations during each two year period of employment
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter