Durham , NC
The Infusion Nurse RN is responsible for administering infusion therapies to patients within the department guidelines and protocols. The RN must be licensed and current with the North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON).
Essential Job Duties
- Assess and evaluate patients who present to the Infusion Suite for IV therapy
- Educate and provide patients with information about his or her diagnosis and ordered IV therapy
- Have knowledge about standard protocols for specific medications, and policies and procedures that apply to administering IV therapy
- Demonstrate proficiency in procedurally oriented skills (hand/eye coordination and motor dexterity)
- Possess excellent clinical assessment and history taking skills
- Determine appropriate venipuncture site, starts; administers and monitors IV infusions according to current clinic policy and procedure.
- Accurately and in an organized manner, document all nursing care and interventions in EHR and/or appropriate written forms
- Report any adverse reactions to Neurologist, PA, or NP and follow through on any ordered interventions
- Manage Infusion Suite schedule in conjunction with Medical Secretary
- Stock and replenish items as needed in Infusion Suite
- Assist with preparations for next day’s business
- All other duties as assigned by Charge Nurse and/or Infusion Suite Supervisor.
- Maintain current BCLS and ACLS certification
- Must be able to function independently, possess excellent time management, communication and problem solving skills
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- License reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- RN (Required)
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Elizabeth is a national healthcare recruiter that specializes in placing healthcare professionals into full time permanent positions across the country. She joined the KA team after graduating from Skidmore College in 2019. She is an avid Boston sports fan and when not recruiting she can be found coaching field hockey.
“It was my first time working with a recruiter and Elizabeth from KA recruiting is amazing. From our very first conversation, she helped me find the right job according to my preferences and qualifications. Communication was excellent, she constantly updates me of the progress and helps me navigate the difficult parts of the application process. She helped me find the job at a company I am still working at and currently enjoying. I highly recommend reaching out to her” – Jennifer