Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - Evenings
Schaumburg, IL US
Top Hospital in Chicago Suburbs Hiring Experienced RN
Shift: Full time, Evenings, Every weekend ,36 Hrs/week
3:00 PM-11:30 PM and 3:00 PM - 3:00 AM
This is not a new graduate opportunity.
Reporting to a Clinical Manager or designee, the Clinical Nurse utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of patient care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient outcomes. Revises plans of care as indicated. Practices in accordance with physician orders, established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, the Illinois Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice and the ANA Code of Ethics.
1. Provides patient assessment and collection of health data involving patient, family and other health care providers. Analyzes health data to determine nursing diagnoses and expected outcomes. Collaborates with patient/family and interdisciplinary team. Develops a plan of care that identifies interventions to achieve expected outcomes. Evaluates patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes, systematically revises diagnosis, interventions and expected outcomes as needed.
2. Coordinates patient plan of care to assure interventions are consistent, safe, timely and appropriate. Assesses continuity of care and evaluates coordination of interventions by the interdisciplinary team to ensure consistency with the plan of care.
3. Communicates clearly and effectively with all customers, in person, on the phone and in writing. Communicates plan of care to patient and family regularly respecting the patient’s wishes through acknowledgment of patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal setting for optimal outcomes. Communicates patient data to physician and interdisciplinary team as indicated to achieve patient care needs. Documents patient health data, interventions and communications.
4. Individualizes patient and family teaching based on a thorough assessment to meet their specific learning needs. Assesses patient’s learning style and learning barriers and modifies teaching plan accordingly. Provides teaching on disease management strategies, emergency care and drug information when appropriate. Identifies community resources to support patient self-management of disease.
5. Participates in evaluating quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participating in quality improvement initiatives. Provides evidence based, clinically competent nursing care in a culturally sensitive manner. Bases individualized care on best current evidence, patient values and clinical experience.
6. Maintains professional knowledge in current nursing practice standards, laws and regulations. Demonstrates commitment to life-long learning through ongoing participation in education activities related to clinical knowledge and professional issues
7. Interacts with and contributes to professional development of peers, students and other health care providers as colleagues. Shares knowledge, provides feedback and contributes to an environment supportive of clinical education. Assigns or delegates tasks as defined by State Practice Act according to knowledge and skills of designated caregiver. Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team using open dialogue for the provision of patient care.
8. Facilitates decisions and actions on behalf of patients in an ethical manner by maintaining patient confidentiality, acting as a patient advocate and assisting patients so they can advocate for themselves. Seeks available resources to support ethical practice, assists patient and family in becoming informed consumers about cost, risk and benefits of treatment and care.
9. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships. Acts with integrity, consistency and respect for differing views. Identifies factors that interfere with effective team functioning and contributes in a resolution. Treats each individual with compassion, respect and integrity.
For more information please send your resume directly to email@example.com
- Successful completion of an Associate’s degree,orBSN from an accredited school of nursing.
Nurses with ASN, hired/rehired on or after May 1, 2014 must obtain BSN from an accredited program within three years of position start date to continue employment.
2. Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Illinois.
3. Current CPR certification for basic life support provider through the American Heart Association.
The analytical skills necessary to assess a patient’s condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive care.
5. The interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, families, medical personnel, and other members of the health care team.
6. The ability to perform effectively and efficiently under the pressure of stressful emergency situations or other difficult situations.
7. The critical thinking skills and technical competencies related to specialty area of practice.
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Elizabeth is a national healthcare recruiter that specializes in placing healthcare professionals into full time permanent positions across the country. She joined the KA team after graduating from Skidmore College in 2019. She is an avid Boston sports fan and when not recruiting she can be found coaching field hockey.
“It was my first time working with a recruiter and Elizabeth from KA recruiting is amazing. From our very first conversation, she helped me find the right job according to my preferences and qualifications. Communication was excellent, she constantly updates me of the progress and helps me navigate the difficult parts of the application process. She helped me find the job at a company I am still working at and currently enjoying. I highly recommend reaching out to her” – Jennifer