Tallmadge, OH 44278
-(3) 12 hour shifts a week. (Primarily night shift)
-Rotating Holidays and Weekends
The Registered Respiratory Therapist I assess, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
1. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
2. Assesses the current status and immediate airway needs of the critically ill neonate, pediatric, or adult patient in the transport, intensive care, and general care environment.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
4. Participate in the education of staff, patients, and parents.
1. Experience in respiratory care is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Respiratory Care.
2. Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist credential/Current OH Respiratory Care Professional license is required; Current Health Care Provider BLS training is required; NRP, PALS, ACLS, and STABLE certification is required within 1 year of hire and must be maintained throughout employment
3. Years of relevant experience: 2 years is preferred; however, new graduates may be considered.
Here, respiratory therapists cover the NICU, PICU, ER, transport, burn and other patient care units throughout our hospitals. They also attend high-risk deliveries and are part of the transport team. The ability to float as necessary is expected, as is always being on top of your game.
Because catching things quickly is imperative in respiratory care, superior evaluation skills, a calming nature and the ability to clearly explain procedures that can cause anxiety for children and their families are key.
As challenging as the responsibilities are, our therapists discover there’s more to their jobs because of the connections they form. Our focus is clear: we’re all about the kids. We treat every child as we would our own. And when you treat everyone like family, it becomes more than a job.
Join one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report.
For more details please submit your resume! You can also send it directly to Kristin@Ka-recruiting.com
JOB ID: KD82
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!