Senior Coder (Remote Option)
Senior Coder Needed for Top Hospital in North Dakota (Option to be Remote for Experienced Coder)
M-F Day Shift Hours
2 Weeks onsite training required
- The Coder II position is a senior level coding position. The Coder II is a mentoring position for Coder I when requested. The Coder II position is for credentialed coding professionals, either through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC). This position requires good organizational skills and the ability to accurately and timely code. All reference material such as the on line encoder references along with Coding Clinic Guidelines, Trinity Specific Coding Guidelines, reference books and publications shall be used. Records will be abstracted on line as part of the coding process when applicable. Knowledge of the DRG payment methodology and/or APC payment methodology preferred. Knowledge of the AR reports is also preferred. Willfully coding incorrectly for reimbursement purposes may result in disciplinary action including termination.
For more information please send your resume directly to email@example.com!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Licenses and Certifications Required
- CIC, COC, CPC, CPC-A, CCS-P, CCS, RHIT, or RHIA required.
- Educational Requirements
- High school diploma, GED, Associates Degree, AHIMA or AAPC certification required.
- Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a Coder I unless has one year of exact coding experience at previous facility.
- CPC-A must have 2 years of coding experience.
- Special Skills or Training Requirements
- Minimum typing skills of 35 characters per minute.
- Medical terminology and coding knowledge, required.
- Organizational skills required.
- Computer skills with billing knowledge preferred.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Elizabeth is a national healthcare recruiter that specializes in placing healthcare professionals into full time permanent positions across the country. She joined the KA team after graduating from Skidmore College in 2019. She is an avid Boston sports fan and when not recruiting she can be found coaching field hockey.
“It was my first time working with a recruiter and Elizabeth from KA recruiting is amazing. From our very first conversation, she helped me find the right job according to my preferences and qualifications. Communication was excellent, she constantly updates me of the progress and helps me navigate the difficult parts of the application process. She helped me find the job at a company I am still working at and currently enjoying. I highly recommend reaching out to her” – Jennifer